To Reach Us...603-887-8550

To Reach Us...603-887-8550
Josie,Luke,Angus and Harriet, Scroll to end to see INTERIOR SHOP PICS Also, Click on Pics and they Enlarge...

Thursday, June 28, 2007

...Dog Days of Summer

Here is the Questionaire for the "Dog Days Of Summer" Swap...Round 2...


1. Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? How long have you been knitting\crocheting?
I do both, I love to knit but I like to crochet. I learned to knit first, maybe around 8 or 10. Crocheting came next...I had great shawls, rugs and blankets for my Barbies!
2. Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before?
Yes, I had made many facecloths, dishcloths and potholders (two cloths sewn tog), they are great!
3. What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not?
My favorite is TLC Cotton Plus, Halcyon's Casco Bay and Lambs Pride Cotton Fleece.
There are many out there I haven't tried and would love to.
4. Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with?
Yes, I do not like to knit with Sugar and Cream, it is very stiff. But I must say, it is great for an exfoliant in the shower...Thank you Maria!
5. What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic)
It truly depends on what yarn you are using. I prefer Bamboo first but I love Brysun, they are a nylon. Then of course, Addi Turbos
6. What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting?
I love making baby clothes and doll clothes. They are small take-along items. Plus you use small amounts of yarn so you can go for the more expensive for trimmings etc. I have also started to make "SOAP CADDIES" for handmade soap I sell in my shop, what better addition but a caddy to put the soap in!! Swapper Maria from my first swap made one for me...I love it! Great idea, I stole it!
7. Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting?
I love to read, I borrow "Books on Tape" from my library. Read and knit...perfection! I also enjoy container gardening. We have always had a small vegatable garden but lately, my knees do not want to bend and my back hurts when weeding, so Container Gardening is the answer. I love house plants and flowers, I was a floral designer before I opened my yarn shop.
8. What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts?
Popcorn, pretzels, m&m's, cashews and almonds...sweet and salty together! Yum...
9. What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any?
Kitchen, Gray and Red...Bath...Wisteria and Navy
10. What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike?
My favorite is greens and blues...least fav black
11. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages? I love my COFFEE, Gevalia coffee club is wonderful!
12. Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)?
We have a ton...2 dogs, 2 parakeets, 2 sheep, 11 chickens, 2 angora bunnies, 2 daughters and 1 husband...quite the crew!
13. Do you have any allergies?
Penicillin...please do not send any!!
Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.
We own a 217 year old farmhouse in southern NH, 18 months ago I opened a yarn shop in the front parlor. It has been great fun, a dream come true.
I told you all about my animals. My husband wants more sheep. We went to the local MSPCA and found 2 up for adoption...maybe?
I swore I would not do this blogging and swapping stuff...This is my second and I'm loving it!!!

Well, I guess that should do it for now...I am going to try to figure out how to put "buttons" on my blog...can't seem to do it...Tomorrow is another day...J

3 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

I can help you with the buttons if you need it! :)
Did you say more sheep?? YEA!

Secret Knitter said...

Hi Joanne! Just wanted to by and say "hi!" I just got emailed your name from our lovely hostess and just had to rush right over and post to your blog!

Unknown said...

Hi Joanne. My name is Tom, and I have a problem. His name is Bob. Good Luck with the business and blog.
:-)

VISITORS...


View My Stats Blogger / Blogspot - StatCounter